Pitch Detector module request

edited November 2020 in Feature Wish-lists

Could it be possible to create a Pitch Detector Module in order to detect the pitch of the incoming signal which could be a sample?

In this module, we would have a screen with both note and frequency displayed in real time as well as a velocity amount.

In output of that Pitch Detector module, note could be sent to another module.

A great exemple can be found in the last version 1.9.6 of Sunvox.

Keep track of the pitch log over the time could be great for later use and triggering without using an external app . This could be both the display of the historic of Note/Frequency/Velocity and possibility to export associated midi file content.

Again many thanks @Giku for your great Drambo 😊😎☀️

Comments

• It might be possible to use Sunvox inside Drambo as an AU (when it arrives) and send the Ctrl signal from the pitch detector module through the output. I did a preliminary experiment and it is possible to get pitch changes this way. I didn't manage to calibrate it so just a POC, I'm guessing it just needs some maths and patience. I'm not 100% sure it can be accurately translated but it's a possibility.

• edited December 2020

@Xyl_Run What kind of audio material works well with Sunvox?

How does it handle polyphonic audio?

• I remember why I gave up now. It would be a heck of a lot easier using MIDI. Hopefully MIDI out will come to Sunvox AU one day.

• 6 months ago, I did a pitch to MIDI converter in Drambo.

You might want to check it out, feel free to improve it and share your ideas.

https://patchstorage.com/pitch-tracker-v3/

• edited December 2020

Thanks a lot @SpartanClownTide and @rs2000 for your useful comments. For now, I’m going to work on ithe pitch tracker so that try to fully understand how to use it and will let you know of any comments. 

@rs2000 please, in your TEXT BOX, what do you mean by « ... and make sure it’s connected to HALF RECTIFY »?  Actually I don’t connect any audio material in input. It might be related to it?

Indeed I only use a Flexy Sampler with a voice file loaded in as the audio input and will probably extend the use to other apps when I get use to your pitch tracker.

Many thanks ☀️

• @Xyl_Run Don't worry and thanks for pointing at it, I've already made that rack "generic" but I forgot to update the info text.

Just connect Flexi to the rack input.