Flexi Sampler Pattern Record

edited April 2020 in How to's

Would I be correct in saying that the expected behaviour of the pattern record mode is to record a sample the length of my current pattern?

ie: if I have an 8 beat pattern, it will record exactly two bars of audio

For the life of me, I can't get it to work...

It starts as expected, but it doesn't cut off at the correct time.

Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

Comments

• It syncs to pattern, so you still have to tell it to stop. It will start and stop recording on beginning of pattern.

• edited April 2020

Cheers. Good to know it wasn't user error...

@giku - any chance my expected behaviour could be added as an option?

• edited April 2020

Thank you!

🙌

• I don’t want to bend drambos procédures to the shape of the ones of the octatrack. But as they have a lot of concepts in common, is there a way of implementing recording trigs (one shot, arming them one by one, or all of them etc) This will enable multitrack sampling in real time on Drambo (which is difficult, you have to go through all the flexisamplers, to start and then to stop them) ?

ps : just sold my octatrack :-)))))

• edited April 2020

@jazzmess

@giku

REC and PLAY in the Recorder module can be triggered as p-locks.

Could you please add p-locking the CLEAR button too so it's possible to record repeatedly?

A "Reverse" button would be fantastic too.

Thank you!

• Something like this maybe, with all grey buttons available as p-locks.

• edited April 2020

+1 on these. I miss p-lock clear. In beta we briefly discussed idea of having a separate Rec button on transport that would start/stop any flexi (with added p-lockable recs like the recorder module) that had been ‘armed’ (recording starting according to the flexi’s sync settings) And the possibility to be able to link flexi instances to groups....all instances in a link group would follow when anyone of them was cleared/armed/sync setting etc...combined with the way that Flexi can already keep slices markers when make new recordings it would be killer to have something like the above in Drambo down the line.

• chiming in :) I think it would be great if either flexi or a future module could start/stop recording on gate signal in addition to the more conventional control we have here. heck, even a separate clear control from gate too! this could easily be plocked from trigger module. think of all the cool sound design you could do with that, with overdubs too :)

• Gate inputs are a good idea.

Reverse playback would be lovely too because I have no idea how to achieve this otherwise.

• edited April 2020

Edited:

• I have not been able to make p locked recording work for me at all yet. Anyone have any advice or can point me to an exiting tutorial, thread, video?

• edited April 2020

@Iguai First of all, have you read the in-app manual available under "Help"?

P-locks are described on page 25.

If the description is incomplete or hard to understand then please tell us - suggestions about improving the manual are welcome.

• I should clarify that I was trying to figure out record trigs with the Recorder module. I think I did it, finally, but I’m not sure how to use the recordings. I’ve never owned/used an Octatrack, but One of the main reasons I was excited about Drambo was the p-lock sequencer workflow plus sampling. But now that it (Drambo) is here, and never having used an Octatrack, it’s hard to use Drambo to recreate its functionality😂

• Was the neverending sampler ever addressed? I really wish I could just grab perfectly synced loops. It would be a huge deal for me if this was resolved somehow. I thought you could p lock record on the flexi sampler too but it doesn’t seem you can do that either. Unsure if there’s some way to set the record length I’m missing

• My bad I misunderstood the explanation at the start of the thread, got it working now

• All of the above! Would love to be able to p-lock flexi.