AUv3 Preset Browser

Not sure if this is already on the planned/wish list. Some of these audio units seem to be expecting the host to expose their preset list. Their native preset browser that’s there when they run standalone is not there in the audio unit version. Or at least I can’t locate them.

A couple examples are Fugue Machine and AudioReverb from Virsyn. In a host like AUM, you can still select presets using the host’s preset function.

Possible to add some kind of preset selector like this in Drambo?

Comments

• Yes, AUv3 preset handling is an ongoing battle. It is down to each AU to implement a preset browser, so it can be consistent across all hosts... in the meantime you can rely on hosts with such ‘feature’ built in.

Like AUM, Drambo comes with built in preset browser that you can access from AU module (tap header - Presets)

or modules library directly...

• Thanks! For me though, in AUM, the factory presets for, say, AudioReverb are listed in the presets list. In Drambo it seems to be empty. I did go try to import them, which made the ones I imported appear in the presets list, but then when I selected one it said it wasn’t a valid file type.

• Ah... I see...

Yes, they won’t work because it’s different format. Those you imported are AudioReverb format but Drambo can only handle its own. So, effectively you can only load presets in Drambo if it was saved as Drambo preset.

Note that not all AUs list their presets in AUM or other hosts, which highlights the problem - lack of standardised approach, which makes it very difficult to sort it out.

It is improving, but it will surely take time.

Probably the best thing to do is keep reminding developers of missing features... :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gotcha - so I should bug Virsyn then? I’m not as worried about something like Fugue - would probably prefer to start from scratch anyway. I think AudioReverb if I’m not mistaken is loading different convolution IRs with it’s factory presets, and there’s no other way to pick them. So it’s a little less useful if you can’t get to it’s factory pres.

Thanks for the answer!

• Yep, that’s what I’d do :)