Presets for instrument racks

Hi

I have a question and perhaps suggestion if this functionality is there and I simply miss it. Let’s say I build a relatively complicated rack - it would be very nice to be able to store presets inside it - instead of saving instrument racks every time I come up with interesting sound. Possible additional benefit would be possibility of changing programs on the flight - as long as Drambo engine supports it.

Other than that - is there a way to manage instrument racks - or when it is planned ?

thanks

Comments

• I'd love to see this as well...

...and to kick it up a notch be able to p-lock the presets to sequencer steps, this should be doable since no actual modules are changed, only module content.

This would make it an easy task to sequence preset variations (for example change the graphical modulator content between sequencer steps) by simply changing the preset.

Cheers!

• edited April 2021

You simply save your sound as my synth sound one, my synth sound two ect.

now you can go through your presets with the <> as they all appear one after another,

because they all start with the same word ...

Press instrument header, go to presets, press save and enter name

No extra preset thingy inside racks are needed...

you just need to be a little clever with how you name things ;)

works very well if you name sounds like this

”rack name - sound name” ;)

if you want sequenced soundswitch in a project

make a new rack, put each sound in a layer

and p lock layer ...

or have it on the scene fader

You get how this works, I guess

• edited April 2021

@Pavlova, @samu I recently had a similar challenge: Preset buttons in an effects rack.

I solved it by using a set of Mixer => N-to-1 switches, one for each parameter. Yes it sounds bulky but Drambo is very efficient and you don't really lose any performance by doing this. And you can hide everything in nested racks and fold/unfold using Misc => Sections so it can be a rather straightforward process until your requested feature will be implemented.

To add to @lala's description, we can also have racks inside racks which support presets as well.

Fyi...

The white arrows will allow you to switch through all presets in the current presets folder. You're free to create new folders for a song, a live show or a collection of your own synth presets.