clock divide and clock quantize modules?

Hello.

I'm quite new to Drambo.

I'm still getting in touch with all the modules and I'm very exited by the app.

I'm coming from Bitwig Studio DAW and still not that good yet with modulars.

There is two modules that I regularly use in Bitwig but don't know if the same kind of modules already exist in Drambo and if not, how could I achieve what I'm trying to do :

Is there a module that would clock quantize a trigger signal by delaying it until the next clock pulse?

And is there a clock divide module that would divides a clock signal to trigger every N pulses, for example, send a trigger out after receiving three pulses in?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• the pulse divider is your friend

• Thanks lala!

Happy to meet a new friend in Drambo!

• Hello again.

I'm still struggling with quantize.

My question ; is there a way to clock quantize the output of the Stochastic Gate Gen?

Thanks for your help

• edited August 2021

If you route the stochastic gate gen + a gate sequencer into an AND gate (math section), then the stochastic gates will only be output when they occur at the same time as gates from the gate sequencer. The faster your gate sequence is, the higher the 'resolution' will be, and thus less quantized. Slower gate sequences will result in more rigidly quantized rhythms coming out of the AND gate.

You'll need to play with the Gate Seq steps/beat setting, the Stochastic frequency, and gate length a bit to hit the sweet spot.

Gate Seq: 1ms gate length, 8 steps full, 4 steps/beat

Stochastic Gate Gen: 85hz, 1ms length

Random gates, but rigidly quantized. Sounds quite nice. Push the Stochastic Gate to 130hz and it starts to groove.

• Thanks a lot aleyas.

Cheers!

• Great! It works as expected!

• btw, to output a gate for every N gates received you can also use the 'gate counter' module (modulators section). So for example, you set the counter to 4, then for every 4 pulses it receives it will output 1, etc. Just remember that the Gate Counter's output isn't the gate variety, so it won't auto-connect to the gate input following it. You'll have to ensure you've manually connected it (as it may auto-connect to a modulation or audio input).

• Thanks aleyas for new comment.

It is really appreciated.

Cheers

• edited September 2021

I was just thinking about stochastic gates and wanted to make my own stoch gate gen. It reminded me of this topic.

If you put a Bernoulli Gate after a unipolar square LFO, then you have a stochastic gate generator, in effect. Frequency of the LFO of course controls the rate, and the position of the Bernoulli’s A/B knob determines the density. (Only need to connect one of the A/B outputs, but patching both to different destinations would be cool too).

The advantage to this method is that the LFOs can sync to clock, as well as have their phase reset. So when you sync the LFO to its fastest division and adjust the A/B density, you have something like a synced random pulse generator.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2021

The main difference to the stochastic gate module is that you can’t easily adjust the ‘length’ of the gate with the LFO. If you used an oscillator, then you could adjust its pulse width, but then you lose clock sync. (would be cool to have PWM on the LFOs for this reason).

I guess the output could be merged with the graphic envelope with a gate shape, and the length could be adjusted there, but that’s a bit less tidy.

• This is why I love sharing, shows the different ways we would approach a task!

Yeah, both of those options would work just as well (better in fact). I like the gate/vel sequencer idea because you can modulate the gate length easily with the knob.

• Wow great aleyas!

Thanks a lot for your insight!