Problem with sampler

I’m at a loss here. I’m trying to set up a Sampler with several kick samples, one per note starting at C2, just one velocity zone per note. The first four notes play fine. The fifth and above make no sound. It’s not the samples because I can load those same samples on one of the working notes and hear them fine.

Any idea where I’m going wrong?

Comments

• I haven't run into this problem. perhaps share the project with samples so that we can see what's going on with it?

• This appears to have been a problem with the files app or the import process last night. I can't think of what that problem would be, but when I went to do further tests today, I deleted those two samples and re-imported them and now they play.

I guess we can consider this one an unknown glitch unless I can reproduce what I did that caused it.

• Was one done in 1.0.1 and then in 1.0.2?

• I think I tried to build the kit unsuccessfully in both. But, the samples may have been imported in 1.0.1 now that you mention it.

• edited April 2020

select zone where you want to insert samples

select load folder

bam

• edited April 2020

That really doesn't do much for me. Is there a naming convention or something for the samples to get them to spread out across the selected area? When I do that, just two samples (out of about 20) come in, and they're not mapped across any zones that make sense to me.

I'm no longer having any issues with the sampler, but would like to better understand this load folder option.

• For now Sampler recognizes only note names like D0 , C#2 etc. .. velocity is omitted (there are a few conventions for them)

• Thanks - I just need to name my samples with the note name in them for folder import then. Good to know.  

• edited April 2020

This wouldn't be too bad if I could somehow select and move a group of imported samples including high and low velocity limit but how do I do that please?

• I posted a similar issue and found Drambo’s naming structure to be really weird. If you have a name like “Snare6 (14)” it maps it to e6. It must be using some funky regex to look for the note name.

I thought it’s taking the note from the 2 characters before the first space... not even. Take this filename “1960's SnarF3 (14)”. It’s remapping that to F3!. If it’s got some import naming strategy it should be well documented and certainly more strict. This was driving me crazy.

Here’s my post w screenshots:

https://forum.beepstreet.com/discussion/1031/sampler-create-zones-from-folder-not-working