Cycle Condition Question

I understand the slider on the step cycle condition. What I don’t get is what the numbers down the side do. Sorry if it’s explained in one of the videos. I haven had time to watch them all yet.

Comments

• They tell the step to play on that cycle through your pattern.

so if you have 7 cycles, and you turn on 3 and 4, that step will play on the 3rd and 4th loop of your pattern.

• Humm ... thanks. That's what I thought, but it didn't seem to do that in my tests. I'll have to try again. Thanks for responding.

• Try as I might, I simply cannot make any sense out of this. As far as I can tell, it doesn't work at all the way @bcrichards has explained it. I'm usually pretty good at understanding things but this has eluded me.

• Just try it with a 1 bar pattern, with just one step. You should hear it then. The cycle step component needs to be before/to the left of the note.

• edited April 2020

That's what I've been doing. The slider works as expected. The buttons don't do anything that I can make sense of.

• Can you let us know what exact settings you have?

for this set up, on a 1 bar loop, this step would only pay every 2nd time.

What is your expected behavior for the slider?

• edited April 2020

OK, I finally get it. The length slider is the total length of the cycle. So, if you want something to play on the 1st, 4th, and 6th cycle, you need to have the slider set to at least 6.

If you want something to play on the 1st and 2nd of four loops you turn on the 1 and 2 buttons and set the length to 4. If you then set the length to 2 it's going to play every time.

Thanks @TheInvisibleMan for providing the clue I needed.