Is preset / program change via midi planned?

Drambo is ace! But in order to integrate it into my setup, midi PC change is pretty essential. Will midi PC change be implemented for standalone mode? Thanks

Comments

• What exactly do you mean by preset/program?

• I mean project. But I realise that seamless / instantaneous switching of projects may be impossible due to different modules and samples loading. But only 16 patterns and 16 scenes per project is a major limitation. If smooth project change is impossible, how about 16 banks each with 16 patterns and 16 scenes for a single project?

• And I want program change so that I can change sounds between patterns on my hardware from Drambo. This would also allow me to save the used presets within each project right?

• edited April 2020

You can load projects with Program Change in both AUM and Audiobus if one of those is your host. Just save each project as a preset in the AB or AUM preset system. Then midi-learn the PC # to load each preset.

The only difference is you're doing the PC handling through the host rather than the plugin.

• Great tip!

However I would like to have program change on each pattern.

As for an example:

The vers of the song has patch 82 on the minitaur but the chorus has patch 83.

I use drambo as the sequencer both for hardware and software synths.

/A

• Thanks! I’m so far using Drambo standalone and was thinking I would use only Drambo together with hardware, if Drambo syncs well and can receive PCs. Will test with AB for project change only.

• Chiming in to add my support for Drambo having the option of sending Program Change messages on its midi output so that I can control my Digitakt patterns.

• Sending PC would also be essential for me

• yes! would be great to use PC to change presets per channel.

maybe a special folder or a "favorites" sort of thing in the patch browser, so that 1-128 are easily set. The problem with alphabetical lists of patches is that when adding new ones, it will disorder the patches if they are to be called up from external midi program change.

I love the Zeeon patch organizer for this reason: Easy to move them around and add and subtract patches anywhere in the list.

• Sunrizer had PC facility so I’m sure @giku has a good idea how to go about implementing it.