Workaround the left to right limitation

It seems that even though you can only make a patch from a track on the left to a track on the right you can then move the track on the right to the left and the patch remains. Ive only tested it a little but I was able to get feedback without the feedback send/receive modules and was able to retain envelope mod patches even though I moved them to the right. The modulation was sending backwards. So, can we just ignore the left to right rule?

Comments

• Interesting. Gotta try that.

• This is blowing my mind. It seems you can patch any track to any other track if you just rearrange them before patching. I was just sending a vco on one track into a reverb on the next track and then I moved the reverb track to the left of the vco track and then used it as a modulation on the pitch. Crazy feedback as you’d expect. This kinda blows the doors off.

• The feedback isn't zero latency though, is it?

At least what I've tried so far always gives me the same delay as the Feedback Send/Receive modules.

• I was guessing that the latency was the size of the in/out audio buffer. I wonder if those are both the same number. Hopefully someone that knows can chime in cause I would like to know.

• I'm getting about 2.5ms delay

• Yes that confirms it.

Nice hack though!

• That would be consistent with a buffer size of 128 at 48 kHz.

The buffer duration in ms is Size/fs, where fs is the sampling frequency in kHz.

• Nice. 2.5 is still an improvement on the min of 10ms on the feedback send module.