Sustain pedal

The sustain pedal is not working with built in instruments but it

is with Auv instruments…I’m on the most resent iOS & Drambo versions…is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue….

Comments

• @giku This appears to be an oversight. It could be handled by some logic, but it really needs to be before the voice assignment, i.e. in MIDI to CV, since sustained notes need to hold their voices until released. Using logic to keep the gate open would not retain the voice.

• edited January 2023

Yes Drambo passes sustain messages but MIDI2CV doesn't handle it yet. It's in the works.

Next update

• Until we have the full implementation, you could use the attached SustainPedal StreamByter script. Unzip it, copy/paste the text into a StreamByter window and Install Rules. You'll need to route the MIDI through StreamByter in AUM, or use StreamByter as a MIDI effect in Drambo, connected between the track MIDI input and the MIDI2CV, as shown. Please ignore the rest of this pic, but be sure to connect the MIDI2CV to StreamByter and not to the MIDI input.

• ok ...i think I'll just wait for the next update.....I'm very new to Drambo so wasn't quite sure if this was meant to work.... but i am loving exploring the modular world....what a wonderful thing is Drambo....

• Excited for this.

• I’m excited for this as well! Does this also mean that we’ll be able to record sustain pedal messages into the sequencer? So far I haven’t been able to get this working without complicated workarounds or additional Mozaic scripts (best result so far is using a cc modulator to record as automation - but it’s not working reliably). As a piano player, being able to record performances with the sustain pedal would be a HUGE deal for me.

(also thank you - Drambo is ridiculously incredible)

• I've just tried this script and it works really well.

I don't have a sustain pedal so I've mapped it to a pad and it works wonders.

Going to try it with the ARP module next.

Thank you very much.

• This is good to hear, thank you.

Actually, you only need the StreamByter Audio Unit MIDI Processor (MIDI Effect), not the StreamByter (Instrument), although I'm not sure what the difference is.