Is anyone using StudioMux with Drambo on Windows for multi out exports ?

Basically the thread title question - have any of you guys had any luck using StudioMux to do a multi output send on Windows ?

Using an Ipad Air 2 (still amazing for Drambo) and considering whether it's worth shelling out the cash for StudioMux since I've read that it can be quite finicky.

Comments

• edited May 2023

I've tried. I've succeeded. I've failed. It works until it doesn't. I've never been able to figure out why. Even when it works, there's latency and sample rate mismatches to deal with.

Not worth the effort IMO, but ymmv.

• studiomux never worked for me, waste of money and time.

• Try Sonobus.

• Lots 'n lots of latency with Sonobus. By the time you finish re-aligning things, to me it's quicker to export / import audio.

• It's about time that Apple update IDAM to give us full audio and MIDI connectivity.

• That could very well be one of the 'news' for WWDC'23 when it kicks off next Monday.

Logic for iPad already has some weird tricks up it's sleeve when using external audio-interfaces.

When I disable the automatic audio configuration I can freely select which of the connected devices I'd like to use, all devices are enumerated and available but no way to create 'aggregate' devices yet. So only one input and one output device can be individually picked.

(ie. I can have for example the UR-242 and ID4Mk2 connected at the same time record from UR-242 and play back using the ID4Mk2).

But yes, I predict some news in IDAM area when iPadOS17 drops...