What’s the point of turning overdub recording off?

i was hoping by turning it off that it would behave as follows: the live notes I play during recording replace the notes already in the sequencer. But they don’t fully replace. You can’t for example, hold down one sustained long note and have it replace a bunch of short 16th notes. Furthermore you can still hear the older notes trigger during recording. Maybe I’m wanting a different “erase and replace” recording mode? Also it’s unclear to my ears what happens when you have polyphony on the synth patch and record over multiple loops passes with overdubbing off. It would be cool to have true erase and replace behavior as an option, very fun way to craft phrases and such. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Yup you get it. Will bump

• +1 overwrite mode

• Would have loved more features to turn Drambo into a Controller controllable midi looper.

• I agree. I love this feature on the arturia keystep sequencer.

it's so fun for improvising slight changes to a sequence without having to stop the flow.

My vote would be for any new note or chord to replace all note data previously on the step, leaving other steps unscathed unless the note is held.

• Sounds good as long as we have the choice between overdub and replace.

That special replace mode that will only replace notes when new notes are played is nice!