Manage files (like imported samples)

Hi

How do I manage files ?

I accidentally imported sample folder as subfolder of stock hihat samples. Also, I was able to import was sample into shot sampler's presets - obviously when I select it, I get an error that its not a preset file. Problem is - and I'm sorry if it was covered already - I have no idea how to manage all these imported files.

When I go to my files app, I dont see anthing on either ipad's storage or icloud drambo folder.

Thanks

Comments

• recrec
    edited May 2020

From what I understand - and I'd like to hear confirmation from @giku as well:

• Internal file system is not exposed to Files app and it will not be exposed, so you can't manage imported/recorded audio, projects, instruments, processors from Files app
    • You can manage them from internal browser - create folders/subfolders, import/export single/multiple audio clips, delete audio (except the factory content), projects, instruments, processors
    • When using "Import" you can access pretty much everything - Local files such as On My iPad, AudioShare, mounted drives; Cloud stuff such as iCloud, Dropbox etc. These files will be copied (duplicated) into internal file system
    • When using "Import folder" you can only access content "On My iPad" but this will only create a shortcut, so no duplicates
  • Regarding files, I asked in another thread but got no answer. There is an option to save sample in iCloud from sample editor, but no way to load saved in iCloud sample. Is it a bug?

• edited May 2020

Thanks, but how do I access internal browser ? The one I see when I import samples doesnt have anything to delete files.

OK, I know how to delete now. I'm such a noob.

I think some kind of general file management would be useful, to move files and folders for example...

• Are you sure about the duplicated files? Cause I've noticed the size of hard drive grows the same amount of gb of samples imported.

• No, I'm not sure and that applies only to "Import folder"

• OK guys, I'm not sure if I get it all right... How do I move a folder with samples to another folder ?

• you cannot move files as of yet. Unfortunately, if you want the files to move, you need to delete the folder and re-import in the right directory.

• Working on this