Piano roll and note editing

edited July 2020 in Drambo

It would be so nice to work on more chord progression/ melody based patterns alongside all the p-locking madness. Right now it's quite tricky to edit notes and chords once recorded or programmed.

Is this a requested feature?

edit. so sorry, just saw a very recent post about this exact subject, 🤐

can't seem to be able to delete posts.

Comments

• Yes, this has already been requested by quite a number of users.

If I understood it correctly, it's more of a mid-term development, nothing you'll see in the next release.

• Thank you both. Ah that's too bad, but I'll stick to using Drambo for noise, beats stuff , textures and keep Nanostudio for more complex harmonic stuff.

• Thanks for your input. I'm also trained classically and I use piano rolls extensively ;)

There are many monophonic or pattern based tools out there that allow parameter locking but I don't know anything like this with polyphony, deep inspiring synth modules and flexible note editing feat. It would be a dream come true to finally find a great polyphonic sound design tool with parameter locking, and flexible notes/chords editing. Of course this is just my opinion and personal workflow but this would make Drambo stand out. Even some harmony-related modules would be great. We're all different :)

• edited August 2020

so we all played the piano and know what we are doing, great ^^

so lets look at what is actually going on

the only thing that the piano roll allows us to do musically, that the step sequencer doesnt (without using multiple tracks), is overlapping notes. ;)

editing recorded chords via piano keyboard is on the to do list

piano roll will take some time

• To me, it's not about what a piano roll can do VS what a step seq can do. It's about ease of use and workflow.

I tried recording complex melodies and chord progressions in Drambo, I was excited by the idea to further apply P-locking madness to that but after everything is recorded on the fly, having to open a dialog box for every single note/velocity (...) I want to edit is a pain. I stopped learning Drambo because of that, for now at least.

To my knowledge, there's no polyphonic and non-step-seq-based app allowing p-locks yet in this world. Again, we all have different interests/priorities and I understand that Drambo offers so much already. It's a beautiful app, I'm glad it exists and I'll get back to it at some point for specific usage.