Opening patchstorage project question

I’ve downloaded this https://patchstorage.com/dr-flex/ to the files app. Then clicked on the file and then share and “open in drambo.” Doing this, the .drproject won’t open. I’ve also tried adding the flexi sampler module and then importing this into its presets and it’s not working.

Seems I’m missing something obvious?

Comments

• edited April 2020

Why don't you open the .drproject file directly with Drambo?

File import still gives a lot of users headaches but opening .drproject files should be no problem.

• Same happened for me too, but if you move the file to Drambo icloud folder, after creating a custom folder in there. I could open it from that folder.

• @rs2000 I just went through this, and I found that Open under the hamburger menu only sees its own private data; it does not offer a File browser. I had to enable iCloud Drive, move the .drproject file into Drambo/Projects on iCloud, then I could Open it. Are we missing something obvious? It would help if someone could FAQ the exact steps to import/export these different file types.

• putting it in the project directory of iCloud Drive and using the hamburger in the UI to open it worked. I’d RTM, seemed intuitive to be able to share straight to it. Can see this tripping many up, would be a good addition to the manual.

• How I do it on iOS 12:

Use Safari to browse to the patchstorage page with a .drproject file and download it.

When done, Safari will show the downloaded file as a Drambo icon and offer two options to proceed.

Hit "More..." and choose "Copy to Drambo".

Drambo will open and automatically load the new project.

Doesn't that work for you?

• edited April 2020

...for .drproject files I don’t have a “copy/open to Drambo” option. Even if I try to add it with “edit” option from the files window. iOS 13.4

• edited April 2020

Try this in iOS 13.4:

Download (Safari will store the file in Downloads)

Tap on the Circle with downward arrow next to the URL line

Tap on the Drambo file

Hit the upper right Share icon and choose "Open in Drambo".

Does it work for you?

Edit: Sorry, it doesn't even work here. Another iOS 13 issue.

Drambo will open but no file is handed over to Drambo.

Glad I didn't update my iPad yet 😅

• edited April 2020

@rs2000 Exactly. That's why we all seem to have problems following these simple instructions. Yes, you can "share" the file with Drambo. Yes, Drambo opens. But... nothing happens. So, we're left with the tedious solution of moving the file to the specific iCloud Drive folder where Drambo can see it.

And I can confirm that it works entirely normally in iOS 12.4.6. Use Safari, tap to download the .drproject file, Safari offers "Open in Drambo" (no Downloads folder, remember), and Bingo!, the project is loaded. Unfortunate that an app released in April doesn't support an OS released the previous September.