Three problems i've encountered so far...

HI, just starting with Drambo, actually the first piece of ipad software which made me seriously consider using tablet instead of 'proper' music gear...anyways, i'm having some issues so i'll just put it here, sorry if it's already reported.

1. I have hard time syncing Drambo with other apps inside of AUM. My plan is to use miRack and Drambo together like i'd use eurorack and octatrack together, meaning that i'd generate some cool sequence with turing machine or something similar, drive a synth directly or record that sequence to a sequencer of drambo/octatrack, and then add some drums or whatever directly from octatrack. RIght now i can't even make some simple basic sequences to play perfectly in sync, not even talking about recording stuff. Every time i restart transport in AUM it goes all over the place. Developer of miRack, who i've communicated with, says that Drambo has a weird way of starting/restarting it's clock/transport, like it doesn't wait for the bar, or it doesn't go to the beginning and starts from where it was...sorry, i can't explain better, i only know that sync problem is real, and that it's not likely a problem in miRack(although midi out is a beta function), simple because miRack syncs with other midi sequencers perfectly, it's only the Drambo which gives me hard time.
  2. Midi input in Drambo. Even if i set Receive midi on some particular track to Never it still gets all the midi data, and if i program a step it just programs a chord often, although there should be no input, unless i misunderstand what Never means....
  3. HUGE CPU spikes when Drambo GUI is open, which i think are somehow connected to crossfader functionality. It's like goes from 30% to 130% sometimes when i move the crossfader with only a couple of parameters assigned to it...
  4. Not really problem, haha, but why is there no step components for changing the sequence direction? It is such a basic functionaly in any more or less advanced sequencer...Sorry, this fourth thing doesn't really belong to the list, but i just couldn't help it)

Thanks for the great app, it's a lot of fun!

Comments