Wrong handling of incoming MIDI messages

edited August 2020 in Known issues

My setup:

Because Drambo cannot handle MIDI aftertouch (pressure) messages, I've written a Streambyter script to convert these messages to CC messages.

This is what the messages look like: Aftertouch on Ch14, translated CCs on Ch1:

With each pad hit, also a note message is sent on Ch14 (the second "Protokol" Note On is the note message passed through by Streambyter):

Now at first, I can map these CCs inside Drambo on one track properly.

Each track is set to receive MIDI=Always, receive notes on channel 1 and only Note="C-2" so no notes are received, only CC messages.

Now when I map CC12 to LPF cutoff on track 1 and CC13 to HPF cutoff on track 2 (just an example), the following happens:

• When switching back to track 1, Drambo forgets the mapped CC13 on track 2 and when I enable MIDI learn again to check mappings, the mapping has obviously been deleted
  • After hitting and pressing pads a few times and changing between track 1 and track 2, suddenly Drambo will receive an incoming note from channel 14 although both tracks are set to receive on Ch1 only.
  • This might correlate with the other bug I reported when using iOS Accessibility Switch Control in conjunction with MIDI notes.

Comments