Sample Set, Copy & Paste

In this setup I’ve got three samplers. I’d like to use the same sample set in each sampler. If I want to change the sounds in all of them I have to copy and insert the module and rewire.

Possible feature requests to solve this

1) Copy & Paste the sample set between the Samplers

2) Use a virtual Sample Set that is managed and edited globally

Comments

• edited August 2020

Let's start simple: What's the point in using more than one sampler if all have the same sample set? It could be triggered by multiple arps using the MIDI merger.

• This would be useful... If you need to make use of more than 8 voices you do need multiple samplers. Or if you do not want the same midi going into each of them.

I made patch that uses 8 Flexis, all with the same sample. I have to copy and paste the same in and it is tedious.

• I proposed this once before, it seems related. Linked modules/racks, where identical racks or modules can be linked, where a change to one carries over to changes to others. Or it could be a parent/child relationship.

for this case with samplers, you can make a preset (I think) with modulations and connections still intact.

• If I want to change the sounds in all of them I have to copy and insert the module and rewire.

Or use presets.

• In this case I’m recording samples in an experimental/live way. I wouldn’t want to be saving them as presets.

• @Charlie OK, why not record live audio in multiple samplers simultaneously?

That's possible, even when recording is triggered by keys.

• Good tip but in this example that’s not possible because the arp is triggering different notes so the recording is not the same.

• Another possibility in this case is a Replace option when Cut and Paste.

• Other possible solution (beyond just samples) a sort of temporary preset bank. Like Sampler A/B/C can be recalled within a project. I have temporary preset folders for this purpose.

• Or a general Copy & Paste Settings function that preserves modulation inputs.

• Copy + paste preserving inputs/mods would actually be preferred for me. It’s probably less likely that you would be copy and pasting and not wanting those things preserved. It would be a huge help for racks where you need many layers of similar modules all routed similarly.