MFx AUv parameters in AUM

Hello once again I apologize if I missed the current thread on this topic.

In AUM, I notice the AUV parameters are not exposed when using Drambo as an MFX insert...

did I miss something?

Comments

• Are any AUV3 parameters exposed for Drambo in AUM? I don’t know if they are, I am not seeing any (but I may have missed this as well). I think was talked about before. You can midi map almost anything from within Drambo though, even in AUV3. It will listen for midi messages and map automatically when you tap on the midi control menu, or you can manually write in CC and channel for each control.

• @giku When/if Drambo publishes AUv3 parameters, please be sure that kAudioUnitParameterFlag_IsWritable is enabled for them, so they appear in all hosts. See https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/689709/#Comment_689709.

• my understanding is that due to the modular nature of the app, having an exposed parameter list in host is problematic. So there is midi learn instead, and to be honest I MUCH prefer the midi learn route - so much faster to assign controllers.

in your host, just route your controller to Drambo, then enable ‘learn’, found beside the metronome options.

• I think it would be useful to have a set of pre-exported AUv3 parameters, Param 0 to Param 31 maybe, as "Performance Knobs". Allow them to be connected to specific controls in the same way as MIDI mapping. It could be a setup in parallel with the MIDI mapping, or just another option within it. This would allow a user (in AB3 anyway) to pre-define a profile mapping hardware controls to Params, then load different Drambo projects with their mappings. It would also allow another app to control Drambo with higher resolution than MIDI CC. I realize the existing MIDI learn provides much of this, but it would be a useful enhancement.

• I totally get why the parameters are not exposed in AUM since it is a modular device. In AUM I’m used to having the ability to assign a single controller to multiple destinations. I wish this could be the case in Drambo.

• hey thanks for the answers, I completely overlooked midi learn, this will do nicely

• My understanding is that both will be addressed in coming updates...

- exposed set of parameters to the host

- ability to 'group' multiple parameters under one controller

With earlier discussed 'performance panel' and 'internal midi feedback loop'

• where is the official roadmap?