Midi Learning !

Hi there.

Got me drambo is a new milestone for iOS music, as much as Audiobus and AUM for me. I am thankful for this !

is there any chance we get midi learn, inside the app or in auv3 plugin ? That cross fader is begging to be mapped, and I have a launch control ce lying around ;-)

take care !

Comments

• Yes please! I would love to midi map my Launch Control XL in Drambo! 🖖🏻

• If I recall, @giku has mentioned that midi learn is coming in the not so distant future. I know he's got a lot on his plate, but I'm with you. It's one of the main things I'm itching for so I can really start working Drambo into my hardware setup and map some sliders and knobs to the controllers I've got lying around.

• Yes, this will be great. I hope it will be possible to map all the interface so that a full hardware capability will be possible. :)

• MIDI learning should be here in a few weeks (3-4)

• FFWFFW
    edited April 2020

Hey giku,

thank you for Drambo - its fantastic 🙂

Have you thought about something like a "meta-control-cc"?

I imaginge one could define a certain cc (maybe a meta-learn button right next to the play/stop etc controls).

What this would provide:

One CC - directly configurable from the interface - which will instantly control the last parameter the user has touched.

That way one could easily connect a controller, learn that cc in a second and then tweak directly whatever is needed at a certain moment. Without thinking and assigning anything aside from the meta-CC.

Do you think something like this is feasible?

Cheers

FFW

• edited April 2020

^ Yes some kind of macro control like this is the future for digital mid controllers. It's frustrating having to midi learn all the time because you'll always need to change it and having 100s of knobs is too difficult to manage. :)

One meta knob would be great but I can see two knobs in this mode being useful since we have two hands so the possibility of performing with two knobs at once for recording automation.

It's like working with Push 2, you select your parameter with the button under a knob and that knob is automatically controlling it, so there's never any confusion. Would be great for workflow if more iPad apps can work out a way of implementing this by routing CCs to individual knobs and controls in realtime. :)

• edited April 2020

Allowing more than one cc per control and being able to set the range would make this a monster.

shit, I think I got confused, how do you make macros again? 😂

• Will of course need a midi learnable macro module.