MIDI panic

Hey all! With today's AU release (omg) I went a little overboard with sub-sequencing / arpeggiating / transposing, and wound up with some stuck notes. I figured a MIDI panic rack wouldn't hurt to have available, so I uploaded it to Patch Storage.

Hopefully someone finds it useful :) I'm totally open to feedback.

Comments

• btw, this is where that magic conversion formula came from: https://patchstorage.com/midi-note-to-pitch-conversion

I'm sure there's a much simpler way to do this, so please let me know if you're aware of something built-in.

• edited December 2020

@giku Long-press the Play button to send MIDI panic? It would need to be configurable though because some gear only needs CC# 123 while other gear needs the actual note off messages sent.

@orchid Nice patch! Did you know that the Scale module has higher precision than it indicates? This can simplify your patch a lot. (@giku I think the decimals should all be shown at least when editing the current value. Showing .01 instead of .010416666 is just wrong).

• edited December 2020

I always assumed it was rounded to 2 decimal places! Thanks for the heads up @rs2000

• In a burst of inspiration I just renamed the patch "Panic! At The Drambo" 🙃 looks like it kept the same URL

• I need one for sure. I’m getting stuck notes when quickly moving between tracks and I sometimes switch track before I release the note and there you go...stuck note!

The problem is that even if I go back to that track and play that exact note again the stuck note keeps playing.

Midi panic would be a patch though and I’d rather have something to prevent this from happening in the first place other than me remembering to release notes before switching tracks of course ;)

• will be fixed asap