Controller for AU Host Mode

1235»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2021

I've been using Circuit Tracks as a controller and have to say that it works very well and is a perfect balance between knobs and pads with a lot of shift-like combos extending encoder functionality ie: when in synth mode each encoder will send different value for each track, the same when in fx and mixer modes. Extended with launch control xl I feel fully satisfied.

Did I mention that scales get remembered within Circuit’s project?

• Some cheaper alternatives to the MIDI Fighter: Intech Studio

• edited August 2021

I think if I was buying a tiny controller I'd still get the MIDI Fighter Twister or Faderfox EC4. I prefer the smooth endless encoders over the clicky ones in the Intech (and beatstep).

But for now I'm sticking with a combination of an APC 40 MKII and TouchOSC.

• edited August 2021

The MIDI Fighter and the Faderfox both cost twice as much as the Intech, but I guess you get what you pay for... I also looked at the APC 40's, but they just take up too much space. 😯

• edited August 2021

A pretty good deal, $85 for a 32 pot class complaint USB MIDI controller, unfortunately, no encoder option available.

• I was going to order the above Shik controller, but the shipping charge of $30 per unit, killed it for me. Back to waiting for the BCR32… 😊

• I only know few...

BCF2000 - I sold mine, because of the noise those motorised faders brought

Icon - no personal experience, but it looks cheap, and the reviews didn’t convince me either

Mackie - much better quality, way less noise, and way too expensive for what it can bring to an average setup

then, there are some really expensive controllers dedicated for pro tools mostly

• @Gravitas I am curious how you plan to use the motorized faders with iOS apps, which ones can send midi cc’s back to the controller without lots of work?

• At the moment none afaik (or maybe Auria supports HUI? haven’t used it for years). But it’s on Drambo roadmap.

• All roads lead to Drambo… 😎

• 2000 modules! I think my gen 1 ipad would self-destruct… 😮

• @Gravitas I would love to borrow you my Promix 01 with 18 motorized faders that can receive MIDI CC 0..16 and 21 to control the fader positions. Bummer that shipping might be as espensive as a second hand unit ... anyway, I think the Promix 01 would be about the cheapest option to not only get 18 motorized faders but also a large number of audio channels plus internal FX. Each channel has a 3-band fully parametric EQ, and on top you get three routable dynamics processors and two Multi FX units on top.

Sometimes they go for under £100!

• edited August 2021

@Gravitas I've just checked it, actually you have 19 faders:

• These Mono/Stereo channel links (channel pairs) can be defined freely on the 01. The nice thing is that you only need one CC number for each stereo pair to control stereo volume if needed.

• Oh and the obligatory NAMM demo 😅

You can hear that it's not a silent machine.

(please unzip to view)

• edited August 2021

It was a fun experiment 😊

BTW, I've just found out that you're free to adjust any CC number for most controls, no matter if it's an effect parameter, an EQ knob or a volume fader. In case you want to control more than one device over the same MIDI link. The 01 has no MIDI THRU btw but its output port can be set to "Echo=ON" which might be a soft thru function? Dunno.