MIDI mappable “clear pattern” for one press pattern clearing

If it was midi mappable it would be great, especially since you can use a keyboard for midi mapping. Would make quickly recording and retrying patterns slightly less cumbersome and wouldn’t be a bother for people accidentally pressing it as it’s optional.

Comments

• edited December 2020

This is absolutely a long press jobbie. Press and hold on pattern to clear.

If long press is added to the midi learn menu one could choose it when mapping a controller (if one is used).

Long story short I agree, especially because undo and pattern buttons are distant on the screen and holding one while reaching for the other with one hand requires a lot of skill. ;)

• Yeah that sounds good too. I’m up for just about any solution to this. It sounds so minor but it’s one of those small ease of life things that would make Drambo more fun

• edited December 2020

I’ve just been jamming and long press on pattern to clear makes a lot of sense. Mostly because it is uncomplicated for a brain to learn if a button is associated with scene/pattern launch action already. All it takes for already overworked @giku is to add long press to the midi learn menu ;).