Reducing Beats in pattern

edited February 2 in Drambo

I’m trying to reduce a copied pattern (03) from 4 Beats in pattern (16 Steps) to 2 Beats in pattern (8 Steps) but as you can see in the picture, the options for 2 or 1 are missing. Is this a known issue and is there a work around? I’ve tried by starting with a new pattern but have the same problem there.

Comments

• Are you sure it was possible ever before? I only remember 12/16 steps as the minimum pattern length.

• I don’t know about before, but for transitions, why wouldn’t you want the flexibility of a shorter pattern length? 🤔

• True.

@giku For breaks, transitions and fx, a pattern should support any length from 1..whatever amount of steps.

• edited February 2

@giku @rs2000 Just to be clear from my side. I’m loving Drambo, especially the supportive community and there are 100’s if not 1000’s of great things about this software but this is fundamental to me, because it forces arrangement decisions. In this particular instance this intro section feels like it needs to be (Pattern 01) 32 Steps, (Pattern 02) 16 Steps, (Pattern 03) 8 Steps and (Pattern 04) 16 Steps. Not being able to reduce Pattern 03 to 8 steps completely alters the feel of the intro and I can see would definitely cause arrangement problems for me down the line.

• This limitation is for no reason. 1 and 2 will be added in upcoming update

• That’s great news. Thank you 🙏

• I can see how I will use these in my compositions too. Thanks 😃

• This is great. Thanks @Connor for bringing this up - the ability to inject a short pattern can really add breath to a composition. Extremely useful.