Auto chord feature

2»

Comments

• if there were some system of ranking voices in different order rather than just cycling through, this might be easier to achieve. A few priority modes might do the trick? first-last (but only active voices), highest/lowest like @tk32 says, etc.

• edited February 2021

OK... here’s a simple ‘Auto chord’ Midi rack module you can test for yourself. It doesn't have full functionality of the Casio keyboards, but it's a start.

Here’s how it works... single incoming midi notes are filtered using the note filter and then forwarded to the correct diatonic chord generator (major / minor triad). You can also switch global modes between major / minor / maj7 / min7 and also apply a global transpose. At the moment it only supports notes C2-B2

Hopefully all the chords are correct - though listening back to my demo video I suspect some are not - so I may need to make a few tweaks for version 1.1

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7uza6448xhpev7/AACW4EKBNcWojwLZ0h4KTmaHa?dl=0

• Shouldn't you be able to do this by loading Mozaic in a Midi AU Module?

I get the fun of the challenge, but I'm not sure as of this time that Drambo has a full enough scope of Math and Logic for this sort of mission. But it will be interesting to see what you guys come up with.

I think a simple programing language module with Midi and CV I/O might make a cool IAP for Drambo at some point in time.

• @Horsetrainer makes a very good point.

But using Mozaic feels a bit like cheating 😂

• Wow, that’s a lot of MIDI modules! Tried it out and it seems to be working for me. Very impressive!

• So this what’s extra cool about Drambo to me :) some solid community problem solving and riffing

• Definitely! I'm still stunned by all the Drambo contributions on patchstorage.com, been less than a year and over 300 uploads already 😍