Gate Counter doesn't output set to '1'

The Gate Counter doesn't output when set to 'Steps: 1'. All other divisions work as expected.

Expected behavior or bug?

Comments

• I consider that to be the expected behaviour. Steps parameter determines how many distinct values do you get with 1st step always being 0.

• That kind of makes sense, but I still find it odd. I would expect the counter to output 1:1 at that setting, rather than 1:0. Just as the next setting outputs 1:2.

• Whether the output is 0 or 1 at the Steps=1 setting is really debatable, I think there's no wrong or right.

I could imagine a setting that lets you adjust 0 or 1 output when Steps=1.

• edited March 2021

It would be nice of the gate counter would count up from 0, without skipping 1...e.g., 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.

At the moment it's counting 0, 2, 3, 4, etc.

That way the option to 'pass through' the input signal would remain, which would be ideal when modulating the step #.

Well, however it works it's not the end of the world. Just wasn't sure of that was a bug or not! Cheers 😉

• @aleyas That's what it does. It doesn't skip the 1 when counting. The gate counter always sends values from 0..1 and the number of steps determines the number of divisions between that range.