track: euclidean mysteries

edited April 11 in Musical creations

Finally getting around to enjoying the Euclidean devices in drambo. So much fun:

Comments

• I'm trying not to go too crazy with the Euclidean sequencer, but wow, they are so much fun when you add a little Random Rack at the end:

• Agreed.

I’ve modified rs2000’s Loop Launcher v1 patch to be able

to launch the Euclidean sequencers and stop them in time.

They are so much fun.

Really liking what you’re coming up with.

Thanks for sharing.

• Oh, @Gravitas, you might consider adding this for some more variation:

My next step would be to use multiple CV sequencers selected by an N-to-1 switch. So you have pads and switches 😊

• Awesome.

I’ve been linking the CV sequencer together with the Gate+Velocity sequencer which led me

quite nicely to start thinking about using dRambo within dRambo as a clip launcher using patterns.

I’ll definitely try using the CV sequencer to create more variations with the Euclidean sequencer.

Agreed, using the N-to-1 switch is going to be fun. 😊

• Here’s a little walk thru on what I’m doing. You can also grab the project file in the YouTube description:

• @echoopera Thank you!

I'm thinking about how much fun it could be to combine all these concepts and control them by a Novation Launchpad or a DJ controller with crossfader - mostly N-1 switches modifying Euclidean seq parameters, adding variations using additional CV seqs, changing scales, seamlessly morphing into scenes for different sounds... any more ideas? πŸ˜‡

• @echoopera @rs2000

I’ve been playing around with the Euclidean sequencers for the past couple of days and it’s fascinating.

You have to use them separately and without variations, so each one has a set part.

They sound like African drum ensembles or if you change the sound to an mbira

or kalimba for instance what the Shona people from Zimbabwe would play.

The traditional tribal stuff.

It’s quite eerie.

• Here’s an example of polyrhythms from the Luo tribe, Kenya.

Ayub Ogada was my mentor for many years.

I learnt a lot about the usage of polyrhythms in popular traditional African culture in his presence.

The instrument he’s playing is called a,’nyatiti’.

Note the foot bells providing a steady pulse through out.

• That's a really beautiful example @Gravitas! ❀️

• Really beautiful example @Gravitas Thanks for sharing πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’•

• @rs2000 @echoopera

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’š