Best way to let another app know which is the active track ?

edited April 2021 in How to's

The best solution would be that Drambo sends some CC when a new track becomes active, but AFAIK that's not possible.

1)

when trigger is on, a click on any of the pads will set that track active and send a note (last used).

A Mozaic script could listen to the Incoming notes and check in a GLOBAL if the value is it's own ID.

If not, that instance would block that first note and send a specific CC instead, then put its ID in the GLOBAL variable.

A bit annoying to maintain, as it requiers an instance on each track.

2)

It seems that the pad channel is alway one, so the idea would be to convert or add a CC and send it to midi out.

And my controller would use channel 2.

As the qwerty keyboard sends on channel 1 as well, I could use it for more midi mapping.

How do you trigger a CC generator with a note on message ?

Comments

• Yes but your success highly depends on how you're using MIDI inputs and outputs.

You can add a MIDI mixer on track 16 and route the outputs of each track into the mixer.

If you adjust the track MIDI Out settings like this (use a different MIDI channel for each track!):

then you'll have each pad send MIDI notes on different channels. On track 16, you can process the MIDI notes by channel as you wish and send them to the other app.

• And this is how you can process the track selectors into CC numbers:

• @rs2000

A midi to cv .. I really need a Drambo for the dummies book

Now that's interesting, I saw that MIDI output ( external) but had no idea what it was for, will give it a try

Thanks a lot !

• You're welcome @mbncp01!

Drambo has a lot of modules, it naturally takes some time to get to know them. And even seasoned Drambo users don't necessarily know them all.