built-in convolution reverb

Is it planned or just irrelevant? I'll be getting Thafknar but a native Drambo module would be cool to have when using AUM as a host for everything.

Comments

• +1, some drambo magic on an IR would be awesome. Polyphonic delay time key synced for physical modeling stuff?

• edited June 2021

Thafknar is cool, im having a blast with putting physical modeling objects from Drambo through mic & speaker IRs besides from the obvious reverb things.

• edited June 2021

combfilter/waveguide is probably what u r looking for. ;)

• This wouldn’t be the first time I’ve day dreamt about IR support either 😁

• @lala nope I think an IR with variable delay/decay time would be cool. Reverb is not the same as waveguide or comb filter.

• edited June 2021

I can't imagine this would work polyphonic with reverb IRs.

it will eat all CPU. the longer the IR the worse it gets. 4 notes plus release time = 8 voices plus 8(!) convolution reverbs ... 😱

really not a candidate to be used like that.

(U said PM, polyphonic and key follow to delay time - thats why I hinted at those)

• Ah I didn’t explain myself :) I’ve seen somewhere a eurorack module which has body resonance IRs of instruments. It can be key tracked I think. Things like clarinet and violin body IRs.

• edited June 2021

hm, that could work, those frequency spectra trallala IRs are not so long as the reverbs.

interesting, but a violins resonance doesnt really pitch up or down with note played like that; (body resonance dominat pitch = size of object here).

you are after creative things?

I used the resonator in drambo with key follow to make the vibraphone because thats what it does in the real world, its different length tubes for every note ...

• True, it’s not how stringed instruments work. Maybe someone has a string IR out there (I know that’s really more of a waveguide thing).

I might not be right in thinking this was keytracked after all. Regardless, a native IR would probably be Uber efficient and probably have some cool Drambo tricks up it’s sleeve.

• I personally need this exactly for loading acoustic cello ir’s onto electric cello signal)

• This is a good idea!

CPU load depends on the length of the IR used. For shorter ones, polyphonic use would be perfectly fine, and with the new generarion of ARM CPUs, the usable length will increase more and more in the years to come.

Unfortunately there are not many options to perform IR convolution, either millions of multiplications in the time domain or processing in the frequency domain using FFTs. Algorithms haven't changed but at least CPUs have 😊

@Fedor Thafknar works really well inside Drambo. No reason to wait.

• edited June 2021

Tafknar will do.

just inject the au after the instrument.

if you have a mixer module after that you can mix instrument output and body resonance level

(that’s not so weird as just mix it in with dry/wet of plug-in)

• edited June 2021

hm, all in all it looks more like we want a more flexible resonator, and not convolution, looking at the use cases ppl want. ^^ ;)

@giku

• edited June 2021

Would be delighted to pay an IAP for a few more models as well 😊

No mistake, still want that convolution though too. Love the FDN and Plate algos, but variety is the spice of life ;)

• I use two ir’s in stereo inside the mid band in the multiband container in bitwig, the goal is to reproduce that setup in drambo while using it inside AUM. Gonna get Tafknar anyway)