Recreate Elektron Model Cycles in Drambo

2»

Comments

• I'f I'm not totally mistaken it's a matter of 'recalling' the originally saved pattern...

From watching numerous 'jams' with Digitakt and 'The Models' many performances revert back to the saved pattern after doing tweaks on it.

(ie. modify sound, pattern and other parameters and then 'revert' back to the saved thing).

• you're right! That's what I meant. I didn't found the way for recalling saved patterns. is that actually possible, maybe via Midi message?

• @slaq

Yep, snapshots... they are called scenes in Drambo and you’ve got 16 of them.

Your active scene is defined by crossfader position. On its left by default you have scene A, on its right scene B.

by default both A and B are empty scenes, so when you move crossfader nothing happens.

here is an example how you could set it up... (but this is just a random example, feel free to go creative :)

• keep A scene empty - this will be your recovery point
    • move crossfader to the right - scene B - nothing happens because scene B is ‘empty’
    • press the button ‘B’ - now you’re in scene setup mode, so all the tweaks you do will be assigned to scene B... keep tweaking as much as you like... at one point you’ll want to go back to original state - note that when you pressed the button ‘B’ your pads turned into scene buttons (A-P) - tap pad A and you’re back to original state. Tap B and you’re back to the previous ‘tweaked’ state... you can gradually go back and forth using the crossfader, or switch immediately using pads.
    • if you select ‘C’ (which is empty by default) you can go ahead and ‘destroy’ your loop in a different way, and then recover from it.

empty scenes marked with white letters, those that store a snapshot marked with red letters.

double tapping the tweaked parameters will clear those parameters from the snapshot, double tap the button next to the crossfader will allow you to copy/paste/clear whole snapshots.

• recrec
    edited December 2021

Patterns (top left) store note information, scenes (crossfader and the surrounding buttons) store parameter positions.

• Thank you very much for the great little tutorial . This works like charm :) Triggering the pads is very close to the Elektron jam style.

The crossfader is also very useful for this kind of parameter recall....Awesome possibilities!!

You helped me a lot! merci :)