Madness with Drambo, SWAM and aftertouch
Hello! I’m a newbie in Drambo, so maybe I don’t understand something, but I get absolutely crazy behavior when trying to use aftertouch in Drambo+SWAM.
I was amazed by Drambo’s capabilities as a modular “laboratory” and tried to use it with SWAM Solo instruments. To control all of the SWAM’s tweaks (e.g. vibrato, growls, flutters, breath on trumpet) I used a little bit tricky schema.
I’ve got Arturia Keylab 88mkii keyboard with channel aftertouch for keys and 16 separate pads with polyphonic aftertouch. So I decided to to take the most of these abilities. I configured pads to send G8 note on different channels (this note is ignored by SWAM as too high for a real instrument). And mapped all of the tweaks on aftertouch.
Final schema for trumpet looks like:
- vibrato -> keyboard channel aftertouch
- growl, flutter, breath -> polyphonic aftertouch of three separate pads
- expression -> modular wheel
It works perfect in standalone app, but when I tried to open it in Drambo, I faced very strange behavior:
- vibrato is uncontrollable, it’s values change randomly
- all effects mapped on pads don’t work
- pads’ aftertouch affects vibrato as well as keyboard’s aftertouch
- Drambo’s midi monitor shows correct channels, types and values meanwhile
- SWAM standalone: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vqLnXmTWeVafuaUz70u2EEEmqELEz6L0/view?usp=drivesdk
- Drambo’s madness: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v0W_vKhqgGX_nfMwWgbyts9AeRN6Gk8B/view?usp=drivesdk
It’s not very critical, but this way of control is very comfortable for me and I hope I could use it for recording in Drambo. I will be very grateful for any advice or idea!