Drambo Karplus strong ??

2»

Comments

• edited September 2021

@henrikh2021 One thing that might be hard to understand at first is polyphony in Drambo.

If you look at the MIDI to CV module,with Polyphony=1, it's easy: Velocity, Gate and Pitch outputs all hold the data for one voice.

If you increase polyphony though, you still only have one output for Velocity, Gate and Pitch but in fact, each of them now carries a (hidden) polyphonic signal.

This signal is evaluated accordingly with modules that support it, like the Processor => Amp env ADSR or other envelopes, the Misc => Voice selectors or many others. Drambo is built in a way that you usually don't have to worry about it and most of the polyphony handling is automatic.

Sometimes it happens that, e.g. when working with a polyphony of 4, only every 4th note sounds or you hear 4 notes all the time and only the last one changes when you play a key.

This usually indicates that there's something wrong with your routing. For example, adding a module listed with a circled (1) in the add module menu in your module chain means that polyphony is going to be reduced to 1 which can have weird side effects if you depend on polyphonic note handling later in your track.

The principle follows a classic analog synthesizer architecture: Until your audio reaches a point that evaluates the polyphonic gate signal, you'll hear all voices. An Amp Env will take the polyphonic gate signal and only open the gates on the voices that are currently active (in other words, voices that have an active Note-On message with velocity above 0.)

• I was trying to replicate Drambo crashing related to

import from icloud, but i cant, not crashing only sometimes.

But here is whats happening, when importing user project from Icloud.

The project is not there after importing and i can only

click on the main track, as you will see in the video,

trying to click on track two or three etc, doesnt work.

Trying to import user project from Icloud to my iphone does the same thing.

Thats why i have to save my project local on my ipad, then saving or loading will work perfect.

i will need to zip the videos.

• Regarding crashes on import from iCloud, do you maybe have different Drambo versions (or betas) on the devices? Or different iOS versions? That might be a clue to the problem.

• Bought it on 31 august 2021, thats what

the appstore account tells, when login.

Cant’t seems to find Drambo version, there is no

menu in Drambo , like “About” or info,

nor is there a “send log file” or “send crash repport”.

• Yeah, the way Drambo is working with modules technical wise, is sometimes diffcult to understand.

Increasing the “midi to cv” polyphonic, helps,

some modules like LFO, to my understanding is

monophonic etc.

I think Ben’s youtube explained polyphonic / monophonic.

Understanding the principle of true analog modular synthesizers with CV and note on, of

, trigger, gate, is not my cup of tea, even thought i have been experimenting mostly in the digital domain of synthesizers and have some experince and owned a couple of digital synths over the years, but you tend to forget most of it, when using mac / pc, any modern DAW and vst plugins, i am not saying i dont like to learn Drambo, i do, but as usally it takes some time before you can master anything really.

Otherwise, i am quite happy with Drambo.

• You can find the Drambo version in the iOS Settings, General, iPhone/iPad Storage. Items are listed in decreasing order by size. The current Drambo is version 1.40, 121 MB plus any local data. Not ideal, but works.

@giku , could you please include an About/Support popup, probably in the main hamburger menu.

• My Drambo version is 1.40

• Every thing is working , even the unison module, it just how to connect things in right order.

Execpt the icloud storage.

Is`nt there a settings on Ipad under "general" saying "allow Drambo to acess local content" thing ?.

Maybe this would fix the import problem ?.

• That switch is in your Apple ID at the top of the iPad Settings. Tap on that, then on iCloud. Scroll down to iCloud Drive, followed by the list of apps that can use iCloud Drive. If Drambo is turned On, it stores all projects in iCloud Drive, not locally on the iPad. If Drambo is turned Off, then it stores data locally. Mine is turned Off. If yours is On, that might make importing from iCloud work differently.

• thanks uncleDave.