The Taktful Drambo (My attempt at recreating a Digitakt in an instrument rack)

Hey Everyone,

I posted this on the Audiobus forum originally and I’m just going to copy and paste because I’m lazy. There are a couple features that I can’t seem to recreate and a couple that aren’t currently in Drambo. I’ve realized I forgot the bitcrusher on each channel so I’ll add it when I get a chance.

Audiobus Post:

I just uploaded a project on patch storage. It’s my best effort at recreating a Digitakt. Link is here if you want to check it out : https://patchstorage.com/the-taktful-drambo/

I’m really more interested in the issues I’ve had creating this and was hoping the community could help me either learn where I messed up, or bring some bugs to light.

1) I can’t seem to live record a pattern using the layer trigger keys (playing the c2-c3 white keys while live recording). 

2) I originally tried setting up each layer into a mixer so I could have a reverb and feedback layer (outside of the sample layers) where I had an adjustable input for each layer. When I set each mixer knob to each layer it input the whole instrument through each mixer knob I added. So, I had to create an FX per layer. Also, I’d like to add a delay feedback into the reverb if possible.

3) I just realized a Overdrive processor module is missing. It might be able to be built through math, but I don’t get the math functions 😩

Also I noticed some overlap in the compact view, just a UI bug.

Things it can’t do that a Digitakt can:

1) sample per step. The Digitakt works off a sample bank that you load up per project allowing you to change a sample per step on each layer playing from a pool of samples

2) play a layer chromatically. Currently the only way I could figure to change a midi note per layer is to transpose.

Things it can do that the Digitakt can’t:

Too much to wrap my head around.

I hope you get some use out of it if you check it out and I’d love some feedback to see where I can improve. Thanks!

Comments

• I just missed the cutoff to edit the post. I added bitcrush but you’ll have to enable each track individually. The max value is 12 bit so I had to disable all of them for a dry signal.