Noise gate

Can I build a noise gate using the existing modules?

In my noobness I was trying to use the graphic shaper, and it’s sort of working, but the signal is getting half rectified. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• hm, it looks like its something percussive

is it in time?

if yes you can use the amp envelope on another track

just set no step if you want it to be quiet

• It’s the amen break from the library. I was just experimenting with the audio, no steps, so no tempo. I get what you mean though, but that would be more like automating the output level, to create the audio gaps by hand. Not really a noise gate where you just silence sound below a certain threshold.

• I think someone already made a gate. Use the shaper on an envelope follower, then modulate an amp with that.

• Oh, that ingenious. Gonna try that, thanks.

• Could you do it with a function comparing a signal (Amplitude = trshhold) with the audio?

• The trick is to use an envelope follower or other kind of smoothing first. You don’t want a noise gate to work on every wavecycle of the audio signal

• edited April 2020

you just want the big bangs, right?

slice to transient ...

would be workaround B

(many roads lead to Rome)

• @dalle it works, now, thanks!

• @pedro Great 👍️

• I had a lot of fun constructing one with a transient detector.

• I think it could actually serve as a kind of transient shaper. Added a filter before the transient detector to tweak sensitivity for the right frequencies.

• Isn't Drambo wonderful?

Finally a way to build our own AUv3 effects 😃

• I love it 🥰

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2020

I've seen it on patchstorage, great one!

If my recent suggestion gets picked up in the future, you'd also have an XY scope to monitor stereo width 😊

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PS: For now, you might want to add Amp modules at the end of the Mid and Side paths, simply for monitoring the levels. The factory "Conga Loop 125" is a great stereo test file btw.