Visual feedback of LFO modulation

Some newer apps have introduced visual feedback of LFO modulation on the target parameter. It's incredibly useful. For instance, if I assign LFO to freq, I will see the freq dial actually moving on its own as the LFO does its thing.

Some go even further and as soon as the LFO is assigned, the target is given added detail so that you can see the range that the LFO will effect it. (Notable apps that do this include Factory and Synthmaster One).

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2020

I like how giku does it in Impaktor . You don’t see movement but you do see what’s active and the ranges. Although I imagine after more than a few modulation sources it could get out of hand. Continua does something similar.

• edited April 2020

I love using the Oscilloscope for this exact use case...show me the waves yo! :)

• edited April 2020

+1 for vis feedback on knob direction/amount (if wont melt CPU’s)

• I really like all the extra visual feedback SM1 has recently added but for sound design Drambo is much more fun and easier to get results for me.

Im happy to put the oscilloscope ‘probe’ in but I do think the Impactor solution is a pretty cool compromise.

When I see visual feedback in apps Im immediately impressed, I want it but Im not sure I really need it.

• I think it’s a good idea as well, just suggesting what you can use right now to help out with your workflow needs. 👊🏼™️

• Yes I've done this.

I'd be more than happy to sacrifice this feature for CPU efficiency.

But having it as an option would be good, then you can turn them off if CPU is getting out of hand. It's just really useful when creating modules and patches.