How to manually add pitch bend or mod wheel automation curve?

edited December 2022 in How to's

I can’t seem to figure out how to add pitch bend or mod wheel automation curves manually… Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• edited December 2022

In Drambo, you're automating values in your patch which can be anything.

You'd rather add Pitch Bend and CC Generator modules and automate knobs that control their values, like so:

You can also just hold a sequencer step and tweak the pitch bend knib or modwheel slider to add stepped values.

• edited December 2022

Thank you! The screenshot & reply helps a lot!!

• The pitch bend works but not the mod wheel… the midi mixer never show more than one icon… tried many approaches, still no dice… I can’t seem to record mod wheel from external controller either… what is wrong here?

• This works for me, as shown below. The Slider generates CC #1, which is Mod Wheel.

You say the MIDI Mixer never shows more than one icon. For me, it always shows an "extra" grey MIDI input. When you connect that input to a source, another appears, ready for the next source. I believe you had a similar problem with the audio Mixer. The Mixer will not offer an additional input until you connect the first one. Are you doing something "special" when connecting the first input? You normally just tap on the grey input, then tap on a source. Drambo then reverts to its normal mode, waiting for you to do something else, and the additional grey input appears.

• Thank you, using your technique I can manually generate pitch and mod, and can record the mod wheel — but not the pitch bend! The MIDI learn does not respond to pitch bend and I see no way to assign the pitch bend to the control. Please advise.. many thanks for your assistance!!