Help! I can’t record or automate mod wheel

edited December 2022 in How to's

I have Drambo loaded in AUM, using a track with MIDI output set to a channel that is controlling an AUv3 synth. All good, I can record a pattern and it plays back. BUT Drambo doesn’t record Mod Wheel for some reason, and I can’t for the life of me find a way to add the parameter.

I have tried many approaches, adding CC generator, controller and modulator modules, but no luck. And when I add a CC generator before the output module it stops playing the pattern, and the controller and modulator modules don’t seem to work either. I suspect it may need midi mixing, but I can’t get the MIDI mixer working either. Screenshot shows my attempt at current stage, but I’ve tried many more configurations.

Any help here very much appreciated !

Comments

• I seem to have figured it out.

In Track settings, MIDI Output (External) needs to be set to MIDI OUT and appropriate channel, then a slider UI module set to modulate the CC generator. Perhaps there are other ways to do this? Just glad I found a solution, I was racking my brains!

• edited December 2022

BUT I still can’t record the Mod Wheel OR Pitch Bend when recording MIDI in from my external controller!

I hear the bends and mods when recording but only the MIDI notes are saved to the pattern! This is a big problem… Note that I haven’t tested in standalone mode but my use case requires AUM.

Any ideas why this isn’t working?

Going to create a new clean discussion so this isn’t overlooked.