resize Audio Units every time?

Is there a way to not have to resize AudioUnits every time I drop one on a track?

Comments

• you mean if you open AU in floating window

it opens in a same size window if you open and close it?

• After messing with the window controls I think what I want is for them to not open as floating windows by default I'd rather they open full size but not floating if that makes sense.

• edited December 2022

it remembers what ever view arrangement you had last and offers that again ...

• It doesn’t appear to remember if I remove the device and add a new one it always defaults to a floating window thats often half the size the of device itself. If I resize it and then remove the device and add it again its not resized its back to the default floating window. Is there a way to make it always use the non floating max size by default?

• That would be pretty great for me too; it's a bit annoying having to make it full size every time I add an AUv3, especially since the icons to do so are a bit small.

• edited December 2022

if you remove the device (and add it again) there is no user setting to remember so its back to default size ...

the UI of drambo is pretty flexible, not sure what you are after

this?

or this?

• edited December 2022

this I guess

hm, I dont like this

its all dependent on

a) what you want to do and

b) what size of screen you have

you can hop around from iPhone to iPad to Mac ...

so available screen size is from hand size to fridge size

• what are you using?

something small ?

phone?

• In 90% of cases I use all AUv3s in full size mode, for me it would be handy if one could choose the default setting in which they all open (I'd choose full size and be perfectly content:))

• Me too. I wouldn't mind the floating window so much if it automatically expanded when I lower the keyboard. Honestly I don't really understand why a person would want to resize the window anyway don't we all want to see the whole device every time? There's never been a time when I thought I'd prefer a device opening half way by default.

• I want both depending on whether the keyboard is open. The floating window has to be manually expanded first every time which is annoying. It also always feels like its covering something up and I have to move it around. The default should be either Max or Compact view (when the device is open) and the deciding factor should be whether the keyboard is open. Is there some reason the floating window that doesn’t auto expand would be preferred?

• edited December 2022

"whether the keyboard is open."

there is no way to tell if the AU does currently show a keyboard or not ...

at least I dont think there is

• edited December 2022

i dont know, this leads to a very long list of what if situations

so what now?

drambo doesn't show keyboard , if plugin ui opens full screen I can't see anything of drambo (exactly what you probably dont want in this view)

you see - this is dragging a rats tail of user preferences after it ... that may be different every time

you probably want to see and interact differently depending if your in landscape or portrait position of iPad ect pp

I don't think there is a sensible default that fits to any situation ...

• There are only 3 states for it to open in and we want it to default in any other state than the floating window cause it doesn’t auto expand when you open and close Drambos keys. Make it auto expand or make one of the other states default. Im not asking for an interface redesign I just want it to work how Drambo 1 did where I never had to drag the corner of a window.

• edited December 2022

there were no windows in drambo 1,

thats why you didn't have to close them or move them around. ;)

you can choose 3 states to see the thing,

but you can hold the device like this or like that,

so its actually 3x2 states of what you see.

If you count the rack view as additional way of looking at things (...) its 4x2 states of what can go on the screen.

if you see iPhone, iPad, and Mac as separate things (simply because of the dimensions of the screen) its (4x2)+(4x2)+(4x1) different ways of seeing things. lets just say there are plenty different ways the content can be presented to you on display .

whatever the default state is it opens in, it won't be the ideal for any situation. (thats what I think, not necessarily true)

(btw. I can not remember how many different UI versions we have tried to see what actually works, many, many, many - it took forever and drove everybody nuts, I can tell you that 😂)

• I know there was no floating window in Drambo 1 I'm saying I preferred it that way. Could have been kept exactly like that only with a new optional floating window if the user needs that. I don't see why you keep mentioning how complex it was to find an arrangement that works I understand that but I'm not asking for any of that to change, only the default state of Audio Units when I press the icon to open it to the nonfloating window that expands automatically when lowering drambo keys. I'm not asking for it to automaticly open in full screen floating window I'm asking for the old nonfloating 2 choices (compact/full) to be default.

Sorry if I'm coming across as bitchy or complain about it it's a pretty minor issues and if it doesn't change I'll happily keep using the app. I just wish the default state wasn't the annoying one.

• Default AU window popover will be bigger.