Super basic questions driving Drambo with MIDI

I've got Helium in Drambo and the kick of a MIDI pattern is on C2. In Drambo, I can hit the C2 pad and hear the sample in the sampler, but Helium's pattern won't drive the kick in the sampler with that MIDI pattern. Must be missing something very basic in this setup?

Comments

• Classic case of 'what is the middle C' is it C3 or C4 or as in the case of BLEASS apps C5?

I'd suggest transposing the midi up/down until it triggers C2 in Drambo, It may be C1 or C3 in Helium.

For example on most Yamaha keyboards Midi Note 60 (Middle C) is C3 while on some other keyboards (ex. Roland) it's C4.

Needs a bit of trial and error, maybe there's even a setting in Helium that lets you adjust this without having to transpose your notes?

Cheers!

• Thanks @Samu I thought it might be the same so I had used the transpose by octave in Helium and didn't hear anything no matter what note it was on. I just tried again note by note and couldn't hear anything.

So now, I've tried with Riffer driving the sampler and realized that I'm just not hearing notes until after they are recorded in. Is there some kind of "monitor" preview I might be missing to hear MIDI generators before they are recorded in?

Can see it in action here https://www.dropbox.com/s/gczdipttzcal9ka/RPReplay_Final1671659946.mov?dl=0

• You can put the AUv3 midi plug-in before the Midi to CV module on the track and you should hear what’s happening in Helium without recording.