MIDI feedback as a CONTROL input type?

Hi!

I have tried to replace Streambyter in my projects with the new MIDI feedback I/O introduced in the latest version. However, seems like it's ignoring "CONTROL" setting (in Settings -> MIDI Inputs).

My use case is that I transform MIDI data from controller via Mozaic scripts, hosted in Drambo project as MIDI AU. So the routing goes like

Controller (as TRACK input type) -> Track -> Mozaic MIDI AU -> MIDI Output module -> MIDI Feedback

If I set MIDI feedback output to Streambyter, all works as expected, i.e. I can MIDI map the controlled passed via Streambyter. With MIDI feedback, the mapping is not possible. I can catch the messages via e.g. MIDI monitor on a track that receiver input from MIDI feedback, so it seems like it only works in TRACK mode, no matter the settings (didn't try CLOCK and not sure about the use case honestly, but if there's no catch, why not).

@giku Is this intentional or just didn't thought about such use case? I would love to see it possible, since it opens a whole new world of customization of MIDI controllers behavior and possibly also any other crazy things (you can e.g. automate triggering a stems recording on a specific timing, based on a Mozaic script).

It can be of course substituted by Streambyter for now, but it's nice to not need to always open an extra app besides Drambo.

Comments