Scale/Key Device

edited January 2023 in How to's

Hey! I’m pretty new to modular workflows but have a basic understanding of Drambo. I’m trying to make a device that is able to quantize and easily switch to any scale and key with a few simple parameters. I have a few of the main ingredients loaded up but I’m unsure how to consolidate it all, or if it’s even possible.

To break it down, the ideal result would be a device that has 2 knobs/switches/etc. One parameter would be a simple transpose param to change the key, and the other would be a param that toggles between a set of CV quantizers to instantly change the scale.

At the moment I have a synth loaded up, with a clock generator routed to it, and a CV sequencer playing the notes upward chromatically. Following that I have 8 CV quantizers loaded up. One is unaltered, representing the chromatic scale, with the following 7 representing each mode from Lydian to Locrian.

The main hurdle is that I can’t figure out what utility module and routing I would need to make it possible to toggle between each quantizer. Is there an equivalent to the mixer module I would need for the set of CV quantizers? Would either of the Switch modules be ideal for this? Would a MIDI module make this work somehow?

Feel free to let me know whether or not any of this even makes sense, I’m not too literate in modular speak at the moment. I’m gonna keep on dinking around and trying things out in the meantime. Thanks in advance! Any nudge in the right direction is appreciated.

Comments