routing audio from Borderlands Granular to Drambo?

As the title says, any suggestions? I know I can load both Drambo and Borderlands in AUM but I'd like to bypass AUM.

I've got other old non AU apps (samplr, xynthesizr) I could also use in Drambo...

Any help is appreciated :)

Cheers

Comments

• edited January 2023

If all fails, you can use a stereo audio interface for loopback on iOS.

Some newer interfaces also support digital loopback so you don't even have to connect inputs to outputs.

Tbh I would rather use an old iPad next to the newer one and run Borderlands there so I can touch both simultaneously if I want :)

Since I've started using SpaceCraft (and you can have more than 1 instance open in Drambo), I haven't used Borderlands anymore. Open 3 or 4 floating SpaceCraft windows and touch them to play.

Agreed though, I'd love Borderlands to support AUv3 one day and Samplr and Xynthesizr would be great to have inside the host too!

• thanks for the answer. I was hoping you to say “oh but Drambo has IAA support only that you haven’t found about it yet” 😎

I have an old ipad air 1. gen that still works but I don’t know if I should trust it…

Agree about Spacecraft but in my world they are totally different beasts. Actually many times I use Spacecraft to create sample food for Borderlands.

Antway, I am still in the process of finding a workflow: minimal setup, full control with my Midi controllers. I consider Drambo, AUM or even Ableton (the I could feed Borderlands or whatever other app through my audio interface).

Thanks again.

• Yeah, I love Borderlands too and asked the maker over on the Lines forum if he's ever going to port it to AUV3. He said probably not. It's too bad, I'd gladly pay $20+ for a new version with no new features. The one update a few years ago was amazing and pretty much all I'd ever need.

• edited July 2023

Another option to use instead of Borderlands is Unfiltered Audio SILO. Its an AUv3 processor, so you can route anything from Drambo into it including the flexi sampler. Its obviously not the same as the hands-on Borderlands experience, but the combined granular/spatializer/reverb is extremely nice.

• and you can sort of play it chromatically, if I'm not mistaken, monophonically