Help me offset my Cv the right way

edited January 2023 in How to's

Hopefully this will make sense. Ive got a Cv signal for a note that I want to sent to another track with a specific offset amount. Problem is the way Ive done it isn’t working right. I was using the add module to mix the first Cv with the offset Cv but as I go to play the notes I notice that as I go down the keyboard the offset grows farther apart. Im guessing Add is the wrong module but before I start tearing my patch apart (I managed to make it kinda complicated before I noticed this problem) and trying different ways that might work for me I figured I’d just come ask. How would I have two Cv signals offset from each other maintain the same offset across the keyboard?

Comments

• Uh… am I supposed to just use the input of the scale offset? Im gonna feel kinda silly if thats it.

• Damnit I just realized I can just use the pitch module.

• Just for reference, adding does work. CV of 0.125 shifts pitch by an octave. If N is the number of semitones, adding N/96 to the note CV shifts pitch by N semitones. The shift does not vary across the keyboard. You may have been adding a variable amount to the note CV.

• I did notice in my testing it seemed to work. Not sure why my patch wasn't working but I managed to make it work anyway. Thanks.

Its kinda funny how overly complicated I was making parts of it and then when I gave it more thought I realized the way it should be done was so obvious and simple.

Im gonna try to share it soon but I think it needs a demonstration video for people to get it.