Building a DFAM template with Noir

Hello smarter Drambo users than me :-) I was looking for ways to use my novation launch control (not the XL) and looking at the two rows of 8 knobs figured that it’s perfect to mimic the DFAM controls: 8 x velocity and 8 x pitch. I managed to get the velocity part working by using 8 velocity/gate sequencers each with one step, and combining the gates and vca’s (for velocity) in adder modules, followed by a midi note generator. A lot of fun already!

But I can’t get the pitch part to work. My first idea was to follow each sequencer with a midi note generator or a pitch module controlled by a morph, connect the gate to the sequencer, put an adder at the end and a s&h module connected to the gate adder, but this way it only remembers the latest pitch change and all 8 steps keep the same pitch afterwards.

Long story short: I’d like to be able to set the pitch of each of the 8 steps separately with my launch control, just like with the velocity. What am I doing wrong?

For now I’m using a CV sequencer followed by a cv quantizer but that can’t be mapped to an external controller unfortunately.

Comments

• There’s many ways, but you can use a switch like this

Run an LFO through the index to use it as a sequencer. Use the CV Quantizer to quantize the pitch from the switch, then if need be use the midi note generator, with this as it’s pitch input.

• Thanks so much!