Problems with two cycle conditions with jump afterwards (loop) in one pattern.

My aim is to have a two bar pattern that has two parts. When I run the pattern, then I want to repeat part A (bar one) four times and then part B (bar two) four times. The configuration looks like this:

1st loop: At the last step of the first bar: Cycle condition with three cycles set, last one empty, length 4. Then jump to bar 1 step 1. This is the part that is working…

2nd loop: At the last step of the second bar: Again cycle condition with same configuration as A. Then jump to bar 2 step 1. Here things go wrong.

I would expect each of these loops to repeat four times, but the result is (at least for me) unpredictable looping, or the second bit does not loop at all. I am not sure what is wrong here.

Comments

• edited February 2023

Here is a screenshot for clarification. I am actually referring to having two cycle conditions in one clip and not pattern. This test setup does not play any notes. While the cycle at step four cycles four times as expected, the second cycle condition at step 12 gets ignored.

I am not sure how to solve this problem, or if there is a bug that makes both cycle conditions share the same cycle counter.

• I've tried to achieve the same here too and failed.

There seems to be an issue indeed, potentially being caused by the separate Cycle Conditions influencing each other.

I've reported it.

• @rs2000 thanks a lot for testing and reporting this issue.