TouchOSC Performance template

After trying to get a satisfactory workflow with my Midi Fighter Twister and Drambo on my iPhone 12, I suddenly realized we still had an old first or second gen iPad mini lying around. Its way too slow to be a reliable Drambo device, but then I thought: why not use the power of my iPhone and the bigger screen of the iPad mini as a control surface?

My personal Drambo Groovebox exists of 11 Tracks, one of which is an 8 channel drum track, and two channels are reserved for my Roland TB-03 and SH01a. One track has 4 Flexi's for loops, and One track is for Resampling.

I wanted the level faders, sends and the crossfader to be always accessible, but at the same time be able to tweak most common parameters for my bass, poly or wavetable synth. And dedicated Resample Recce and Clear buttons.... TouchOSC to the rescue! The pages allow for 16 faders per track/synth, without having to switch to another view and losing sight of the mixer session.

Below is the first version of the GUI, all the MIDI programming still needs to be done... Not looking forward to that! :-)

Let me know if any of you is interested in the TouchOSC file. It's easy to adjust it to your own preferences but since most of it is based on Drama's UI I think it will save anyone who's interested a lot of time!

Comments