How to disable piano roll for a channel, but let me play through from keyboard?

Hi there,

I am running Drambo on iPad Pro 11” 4th edition with nanoKontrol2, akai midi mix, and key station mini 32 mk3. I have this running within AUM and interfacing to 4 - 6 plug-ins and apps. I am relatively new to this, but it seems to be working quite nicely. I can control the various synths from the midi controllers and get some decent live looping jams going. This is great for travelling, when I can’t play with my hardware synths, which I usually control from a Keystep Pro.

What I often do with the Keystep is to get a loop going with a mono synth and then when I want to fill with some improv or similar, I will hit the “mute” on the Keystep channel, and then the keyboard is free to send to the synth.

How can I do something similar with Drambo/AUM? Is it possible to add a module to the channel that will switch the source from piano roll to exclusively keyboard? Should I be looking at dynamic midi routing in AUM?

Any hints are appreciated.

Comments

• I have just found the “Stop Clip” control is linked to a touchscreen action. By default it is “Swipe down”. Is it possible to have this mapped to a midi control?

• can you put an MIDI switch N-1 at the beginning of each track? one input connected to the track midi output, and one connected to a earlier track with an empty piano roll?

• Change mute style in settings from audio to midi