Same module/Auv3 only midi mapped once?

Hi!

I'm a new to Drambo. Sorry if my message is unclear, English is not my native language.

I would like to know if it's possible to use the midi mapping/learning of Drambo to modify values of the same module/Auv3 based on the track selected or the midi channel... and map the parameters only once! 

• For example : I have an instance of Zeeon. I map the filter, the envelope, some effects... using Drambo (because I want to use the takeover mode or the continuous absolute mode of Drambo).

Now I would like to copy this track and be able to edit, with my controller, the filter, the envelope, effects... of Zeeon number 2 without having to remap everything (it's ok if I have to change the midi channel of my controller)

• Another example : I have an eq module on all my tracks. I would like to map the eq only once and be able to change the eq of the selected track.

Cheers!

Comments

• No. You'll have to map the controls on different MIDI channels individually.

• 😱

ok thanks 😅

• edited April 2023

This can be done. 😎

Use a Midi CC Controller module before the AUv3 on the track. Set the track receive Midi to `Active Track`. Map your controller knob to this module. Now go to the synth, hit map, and move the control. Lastly, set the AU parameter to be controlled by the Midi CC Controller module rather than directly by your controller.

Repeat for additional tracks. The controller will control the Midi CC Controller module automatically and independently on whatever track is active.

NOTE: manually set the CC or use the Module’s learn button, not the midi learn system. If you use the midi learn system the mapping will work for that module only.

• Wait. That works, but takeover mode doesn’t work when done that way. 😐

Well it’s still useful for some things, such as triggering Flexi record on the active track using a foot switch.

• Right. I expect takeover mode only works for MIDI-mapped parameters, where the MIDI is received by Drambo and used by it to adjust the value. Your trick just uses MIDI routed direct to a module, without involving Drambo.

• ok, thanks guys :-)