My first: Geomagnetics - Shasta and the Wolf

edited March 2023 in Musical creations

Bought Drambo a few weeks ago and this is my first project. Having experience with Live, grooveboxes, and eurorack Drambo just makes so much sense to me and I really enjoy working in it.

All the sounds are Drambo modular concoctions except for the pad which is Sunrizer. Its mostly subtractive synths but there is one FM track and one flexi/one shot layered track running my percussion. I sequenced my TD-3 in Drambo as well since I don't enjoy programming the 303 style sequencer it has.

The shaker percussion is a real shaker I recorded into Flexi and then ran two short slices panned to left and right.

The kick is the AN kick, i love it. Running it as a sidechain source for the pads.

I have tons of AUv3 plugins but I wanted to stick with Drambo as much as possible to learn what I had at my disposal. It isn't missing much at all!

I did use Eventide Blackhole and spring reverbs as well as TB Barricade in a few places.

This track actually started as a sequence in Fugue Machine but I just duplicated it on separate tracks in Drambo. One thing I couldn't figure out is how to reverse a pattern. If there is a way to reverse the note sequence in a pattern please let me know.

I wanted to add some pitch modulation at times and the only way I could find to modulate the pitch signal was by putting a synced LFO in front of a linear frequency modulator and automating that LFO amount. Not sure if thats the best way but it works well.

Big thanks to everyone who supports this app and especially the dev. I can't believe the polish and possibilities Drambo has. Its mind blowing and inspiring.

Comments

• nice build up of song structure :)

• Wonderful!

Another Fugue Machine fan here 😊

• Really nice! Excellent work!

• @radioflash

” I sequenced my TD-3 in Drambo as well since I don't enjoy programming the 303 style sequencer it has.”

I’ve just discovered the same thing in regards to the Crave.

Hiya,

I really like this piece.

I’m listening on studio monitors and the textures are really cool.

The progression is very melodic, it inspires one to sing.

Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• and the visuals are enjoyable, my kinda thing. :)

• Hey man, welcome from a fellow newbie (I had it about two months I think?), awesome track and like gravitas said, nice video too. I really dig it, it’s consistent but not boring, and I like what you did with the polyrhythms