Use Drambo as a LFO modulator for CC

Hey there!

i am new to this app and it seems really confusing to me.

could somebody tell me which modules I have to connect to get an LFO that modulates a certain CC value?

do I have to convert CC to CV, modulate and then convert it back to CC?

and would it be possible to have Drambo expose midi control over the lfo module to my host application?

ideally I need 4 LFOs that modulate CC9 to CC12, on channels 1 to 8 separately (so 8 times 4 = 32 LFOs) and they should Modulate the signal relative to the CC value that I am feeding into Drambo, with the option to tell Drambo how much the LFO should affect the CC (aka depth control).

would that setup be possible?

thanks a lot!

cheers

Comments

• Drambo simulates a modular system. All internal data is represented by CV or audio signals. So you do need to convert inputs to CV in order to modulate them. Every operation is performed by connecting single-function modules. It is not confusing when approached this way.

I'd suggest that you start by building a simple subtractive synth, and figure out how to control some of its parameters by MIDI. This will get you accustomed to how Drambo works, and how to interconnect components. Then you can try to build a single cell of your multi-LFO concept, and work out the controls you need.

The Drambo AUv3 does not expose any parameters to a host, but it does accept MIDI inputs which can be transmitted from a host. So that may or may not meet your requirements for host control.

There are other AUv3 apps specifically featuring MIDI LFO modulators. Is there a reason you selected Drambo over them? And I assume you realize that modulating a MIDI CC can be a bit notchy due to the limited resolution, only 128 steps.

Something like this would roughly do the trick. Use a separate rack for each input channel, and configure the channel in the rack settings. The MIDI CC modulator converts the input to CV; the MIDI CC Controller adjusts the LFO amplitude. Duplicate this for each CC you want to modulate.

• Hey man,

thanks for taking the time to respond!

the reason I think Drambo is a good choice is that the only other AUv3 I found that fits my requirements would be Rozeta LFO, but that one only offers 3 LFOs so I would need 11 instances, which is messy. It also doesn‘t offer control over the waveforms via MIDI. In Drambo i could have everything nice and tidy behind a single icon.

yeah 128 values can be a bit choppy.. which other auv3s were you thinking about? :)

cheers!

• @prehm apeMatrix comes with a "Send MIDI" plugin that provides up to 8 customizable LFOs for example.

If you need 11 instances though, I think Drambo is your best bet :)

• Thanks for your input!

i settled for NuRackFX, which is also a modular system but has a simpler setup process.

cheers!